Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe there is one God who lives forever in three persons: the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to the world, speaking to us with authority and without error (2 Timothy 3:16 - 17).
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ the Son, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for us on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, and His personal, physical return to rule the earth in power and love. (John 1:14 - 18, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 - 18)
- We believe that all of mankind is lost in sin and needs to turn away from it, trusting in the Saviour, Jesus Christ, being born anew by the Holy Spirit’s power, and so entering into God’s family. (Ephesians 2:1 - 10, John 3:5 - 7)
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives in us, bringing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control into our lives. He works in and through us with His charismatic gifts. (Galatians 5:22 - 23, 1Corinthians 12:7-11)
- We believe in the resurrection of every person bringing eternal life for the believer and eternal judgment for the lost. (Matthew 25:31 - 46)
- We are called to love Jesus and become more like Him in every way, seeking unity with all believers and loving one another as His life flows through us. We believe this is what community is all about. (1 Corinthians 12:12 - 13, Matthew 22:37 - 40)
- We believe that the Scripture teaches that marriage is the covenanting together of one man and one woman in a union excluding of all others. It is established by an authorised ceremony under God. Marriage is a unique reflection of God’s faithful love for all humankind and so the relationship of husband and wife, as family, reflects the self-giving love between Christ and His Bride, the Church. The permanent nature of the marriage-bond gives security and promotes the development of a trusting relationship. The Church has a responsibility to care for, nurture and prayerfully support the marriage and its family. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:18, Genesis 2:24, 1 Corinthians 7:4 - 5, Ephesians 5:25)